As homeowners in Northern Virginia seek ways to enjoy the beauty of a garden without the hassle of ongoing care, many are turning to low-maintenance landscaping. It’s easy to see why! When you opt for low-maintenance landscaping, you can still enjoy the beauty of the plants you love, but you won’t have to worry about constant watering, fertilization, and other maintenance efforts to keep the aesthetic.
How to Build Low-Maintenance Landscaping
Our years of experience building and maintaining landscape designs throughout Northern Virginia have taught us what it takes to build low-maintenance landscaping for properties of all sizes. Consider the following tips and tricks when creating your planting design:
- Low-maintenance material selection – Choose plantings that require little ongoing care (watering, fertilization, mulching, etc.) and avoid those with invasive root systems. We recommend installing plants like shrubs, trees, and groundcover, as well as structures like arbors. If you prefer flowers, consider that perennials only need to be planted once and will continue to grow each year, while annuals only last one growing season, but require less care once planted.
- Simple plant design – Simple garden designs with few varieties of flowers allow for easy maintenance in the future. We recommend using between five to seven for a simple yet effective design.
- Planting beds – It’s easier to care for a few planting beds than several, widely dispersed individual plants.
- Hardscaping – Reduce higher maintenance lawn space by installing hardscapes that require less care. Patios and sidewalks, for instance, offer long-term durability and eliminate any need for hand edging.
Need more tips on low-maintenance landscaping? Give us a call today!
Call Us for Low-Maintenance Landscaping in Northern Virginia
Save yourself time and money with low-maintenance landscaping by O’Grady’s Landscape! We can help you select the best mix of plants for smart yet stunning designs requiring little ongoing care. Don’t want to worry about maintenance at all? Prefer a flower that requires a little more extensive care? No problem! As a premier landscape company serving homeowners in Northern Virginia, we’ve got all your plant installation needs covered and even offer long-term landscape maintenance plans so you can sit back and relax, while we make sure your view stays beautiful.
For the finest, low-maintenance landscaping in Great Falls, the City of Falls Church, McLean, Vienna, or North Arlington, trust in O’Grady’s Landscape. Contact us today by phone at 703-533-5001 or by filling out an online form and we’ll get you an estimate within a week!
Latest posts by Mike Hambleton (see all)
- The Benefits to Having An Autumn Fire Pit Installation For Your Northern Virginia Home - September 14, 2018
- Prepare Your Yard With These Simple Fall Lawn Maintenance Tips - August 15, 2018
- The Benefits of an Outdoor Kitchen - May 30, 2018