If you live in Northern Virginia, fall is one of the best times of year to take care of your landscape. Soil conditions and climate are ideal for installing plants and with the dormant winter season approaching, it’s important you set your lawn and plants up to stay healthy through the colder days ahead.
O’Grady’s Landscape has been helping Northern Virginia homeowners with fall lawn care since 1991, and we can help you too! Contact us to sign up for landscape maintenance today—or keep reading for our recommendations concerning fall lawn care in the area.
Fall Lawn Care Schedule
It’s the end of summer in Northern Virginia, and for homeowners looking to keep their properties beautiful, the time to schedule fall lawn care is now. The primary goal of seasonal maintenance in fall is to prepare your plants and lawn for hibernation over winter so that they can stay healthy and blossom come springtime.
Depending on the scope of your property and your budget, our landscapers often recommend the following services for our clients’ fall lawn care packages:
- Leaf removal – this is the time of year where leaves start to blow all over your lawn. Regular raking can be a chore—so have a professional handle it for you!
- Aeration and overseeding – this process strengthens the roots of our plants and grass, protecting them from weeds and disease and promoting growth through winter.
- Weed control – weeding is critical to keeping your plants healthy during the cold weather season.
- Fertilization – fertilization provides much-needed nutrients to your plants and grasses that allow them to stay healthy and keep growing through winter’s dormant months.
- Drainage system setup – Northern Virginia is prone to wet, cold weather during winter, so it’s important to install a drainage system that will properly redirect water runoff, keeping your lawn and hardscapes intact.
Need to Schedule Fall Lawn Care in Northern Virginia? Contact Us!
At O’Grady’s Landscape, we customize fall lawn care for each property and customer. If you are interested in signing on for our landscape maintenance services this fall, we will send an experienced landscaper out to you home to assess the condition of your lawn and landscape and offer the best recommendations for your needs.
Our fall lawn care services are available for homes throughout the City of Falls Church, Great Falls, North Arlington, Vienna, and McLean, VA. Contact us online or by phone at 703-533-5001 for a FREE ESTIMATE!
Latest posts by Mike Hambleton (see all)
- The Benefits to Having An Autumn Fire Pit Installation For Your Northern Virginia Home - September 14, 2018
- Prepare Your Yard With These Simple Fall Lawn Maintenance Tips - August 15, 2018
- The Benefits of an Outdoor Kitchen - May 30, 2018